Baked Spaghetti Squash
Fall will be here before you know it (and lets be real… pumpkin everything will start coming out in stores…. tomorrow). It’s time to switch up your cooking a little. It’s always good to try and cook with crops that are in-season when you can. With Fall right around the corner that means you may want to switch up from zucchini squash, to spaghetti squash for the freshest produce but spaghetti squash can sometimes be a little intimidating. It is this massive, hard shelled squash. What do you do with it?! How do you cook it? Well, I am here to simplify it for you.
- Spaghetti Squash
- Avocado Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Microwave your spaghetti squash for 0:30 to 0:45! This will make cutting it SO much easier.
- Using a sharp chef’s knife, slice the spaghetti squash in half (hot dog style)
- With a large spoon, scoop out all of the seeds
- Drizzle/rub avocado oil (light layer) on the inside of each piece.
- Add salt and pepper
- Place both slices upside down (shell facing up) on a pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it stand for roughly 5 minutes
- Flip the spaghetti squash around. Using a fork, scrap out the flesh.
- BOOM! You have a spaghetti squash!