IT’S PIZZA NIGHT!
Clean eating doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice the “good stuff”. Believe it or not, you can eat clean AND still enjoy your food! (Cue mind blown emoji) Here is a recipe that will allow you to do just that!
For this month’s recipe, IT’S PIZZA NIGHT! This is super easy to make and believe it or not, it feels like you are eating the real thing. The best part, you can be as creative as you would like. Just like a regular pizza, there are SO many different options you can choose from. Below you will find some recommendations, but at the end of the day, make the pizza what you want!
You never know, you may just end up liking it better than the “real” thing.
CHICKEN CRUSTED PIZZA
7oz Ground Chicken
Dry Seasonings, here are some options:
Freshly Chopped Rosemary
Freshly Chopped Basil
Crushed Red Pepper
Grated Parmesan Cheese (if using this, use sparingly)
Be creative. This is an example of some things that go well together. Use what you like on pizza. I found going to the salad bar at your local grocery store is a great way to get your toppings, so that you can get the exact amount you want for the pizza and maybe some different ingredients then you normally buy.
Grated Cheese (your preference, grated Parmesan/Mozzarella/Dairy Free)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a pie pan with parchment paper
- Mix ground chicken with desired dry seasonings
- Press the chicken down on the pan extremely thing (about ¼ inch thick). It will shrink slightly after cooking, so press all the way to the edges and even up a little if you can.
- Bake 12 – 15 minutes
- Drain any juice from the pan
- Add marinara (you can also chop up and crush tomatoes to use as marinara) Optional: add some pesto with the marinara
- Add desired toppings. LOAD IT UP!
- Bake for an additional 10 – 12 minutes
- SLICE IT! ENJOY IT!
For meal prep, you can double or even triple the recipe and use a cookie sheet instead of a pie pan. This will allow you to make 2-3 separate “pizzas” at the same time.
Remember, feel free to make it your own! Try it out and let us know how you like it!
“Food is the fuel for your body, use premium”