Tis’ The Season For PUMPKIN!
If you love bananas and you love pumpkin. Then this is the recipe for you! This time of year is all about casseroles and baking, but that doesn’t mean you can’t stick with clean eating. There are endless recipes that allow you to enjoy baked foods while still using clean, whole ingredients.
For this month’s recipe, we are baking up some Banana Pumpkin Bread!! This recipe is allergy friendly while being gluten free, dairy free, and nut free.
Banana Pumpkin Bread
2 ¼ Cup Gluten Free Oats
½ Tsp. Baking Powder
½ Tsp. Baking Soda
¼ Tsp. Sea Salt (Optional)
1 Tsp. Cinnamon
1 Tsp. Pumpkin Spice (Omit if you are not a fan of pumpkin)
2 Medium Bananas
½ Cup Pumpkin Puree (Sub. 1 more banana if you do not like pumpkin)
2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
¼ Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
⅓ Cup Dairy Free Dark Chocolate or your choice of nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9in. x 9in. baking pan.
- Blend all dry ingredients together to make a “flour”. (I use my nutri-bullet, but a food processor could work if you do not have a blender.)
- In a separate bowl, smash the bananas until there are only a few lumps.
- Mix the bananas along with the remainder of the wet ingredients in with the “flour”
- Fold in the chocolate chips and/or nuts
- Pour mixture into the 9in. x 9in. baking pan and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, and ENJOY!
- You can also melt a little coconut oil and chocolate chips together to drizzle on top for a little extra sweetness. 🙂