It’s Getting Chili Outside!
It is FINALLY getting cold outside!!! While I am not the biggest fan of the cold, there are a couple things I do love that seem to go hand and hand with cold weather. First one is sitting beside a fire pit, and the second one is CHILI!! There is nothing like enjoying a bowl of chili after freezing all day.
For this month’s recipe, we are cooking up some white chicken chili!
1 Tbsp. Avocado Oil
1 Medium Onion
1 Garlic Clove (minced)
1 Tsp. Cumin
3 Chicken Breasts
1 Can White Kidney Beans
1 Can Chick Peas
1 Can Navy Beans
1 Can Whole White Corn (drained)
2 4oz. Cans of Chopped Green Chilis
2 Cans of Cannellini Beans
1 ½ Cups of Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- Heat oil on medium heat in a skillet. Add chopped onion and cumin. Cook for 3-5 minutes then add in the minced garlic. Cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat and add to crock pot.
- Add drained cans of beans, corn and chilies to the crock pot.
- Stir all of the ingredients.
- Add in the Chicken Broth
- Take out about a ¾ cup to ½ cup of mixture and puree in a food processor or blender. Then add the mixture back into the crock pot. (This will make the chili a little thicker)
- Lastly, add in the chicken breasts.
- Place the lid on the crock pot and cook for 6-7 hours on low until chicken shreds easily.
- After cooking for 6-7 hours, remove chicken to shred. I just use two forks to make it easy.
- Add the chicken back into the crock pot and stir the mixture.