Chocolate Chip Strawberry Muffins
Looking for something sweet, but still nutritious? These muffins will do just that. Take them to-go for a quick breakfast or use them as a mid-day pick me up!
- 2 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp. Sea Salt
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Ripe Bananas, mashed (about 3/4 Cup)
- 3 Tbsp. Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Diced Fresh Strawberries (plus extra for topping)
- 1/4 Cup Dairy Free Dark Chocolate Chips (plus extra for topping)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tins with coconut oil or use muffin wrappers.
- Prep strawberries by removing the husk and evenly dicing. Set aside for later.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In another mixing bowl, mash bananas until smooth.
- Next, add in eggs, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract, and melted coconut oil.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Fold in the diced strawberries
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Using a large spoon, fill the muffins tins about 2/3 full
- Top each muffin with a couple diced strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until edges are slightly golden.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.