Trying to eat clean, but missing your weekend pancakes? I have a dish for you!! These are not only a great weekend breakfast, but is also the perfect quick snack that can be taken on the go.
For this month’s recipe, we are cooking up some PANCAKES!
Gluten Free/Dairy Free Cinnamon Pancakes
1 Cup Gluten Free Oat Flour (*for protein pancakes ½ Cup Oat Flour, ½ Cup Protein Powder)
1 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
¼ Cup Ground Flaxseed
½ Cup Egg Whites
1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Tsp. Cinnamon
½ Tsp. Baking Soda (Optional)
½ Tsp. Coconut Oil
Optional: ½ Cup Fruit/Nuts (can put this in the pancakes. Strawberries, apples, blueberries, walnuts, bananas, etc)
- Heat coconut oil on a skillet at medium/low heat
- Combine ALL dry ingredients
- Mix in the eggs, egg whites, applesauce and vanilla extract.
- Fold in any additional fruit or nuts
- Spoon onto the skillet and let cook until lightly brown 2-3 minutes and then flip.
- Once pancakes are lightly browned on each side, IT’S TIME TO EAT!!
- Top with real maple syrup or heat up some frozen fruit. Then pour that on top!!! SO GOOD!
*For meal prep these can easily be bagged up for the week and if you have a lot left over stick them in the freezer.
“Food is the fuel for your body, use premium”