Tips And Tricks To Make It Through The Holiday
From pool parties to fireworks and cookouts, Independence Day is all about celebrating with friends and family. This doesn’t mean you have to completely stray away from eating clean. I’m not saying you can’t indulge in some ice cream or enjoy a juicy hamburger. I am all about a PLANNED cheat, but here are some recipes and tips that will allow you to still have fun, and feel good at the same time!
HOSTING A PARTY?
- The grill is your best friend. Fire it up! Try to choose lean proteins like chicken, turkey, lean ground beef, or even grill up a pork tenderloin.
- You can also have the guests get involved with creating a kabob buffet. This is easy for you and allows guests to choose exactly what they want. Line up bowls full of various vegetables such as mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, onions, and some fruit and then they can go to town!
- For a side, another easy and healthy option is grilling up some sweet potatoes. Slice or dice them up and they will grill perfectly on any vegetable grilling tray.
- As for dessert, there is nothing like a big juicy slice of watermelon!
ATTENDING A PARTY?
- Be the best guest, and BRING A DISH WITH YOU! No one will complain if you bring something to contribute to the party. This allows you to bring something healthy that you know you can eat.
- Only eat what is on your plate! This is where people get in trouble. Mindless snacking on chips and dip can lead towards eating a full bag of chips. If you only eat what’s on your plate, then you are less likely to mindlessly snack.
- If you drink alcohol, try to drink a glass of water after every alcoholic beverage. This will slow you down a little, keep you hydrated, and just maybe help prevent that nasty hangover the next day!
Lastly, HAVE FUN! Spend time celebrating and conversing with the people around you. Disconnect from social media, turn off the TV, get away from your phone, and enjoy the day!