Tis’ the Season for Holiday Get-Togethers
The holiday’s are supposed to be the most joyful time of the year. It’s time spent with friends and family relaxing and enjoying each others company. On the other hand, it is also a time of year where food and sweets seem to be EVERYWHERE!!
Here are a few tips and tricks that will get you through the holiday!
- Have a plan! Decide where/when you want to have a cheat and where/when you don’t.
- Get a little sweat in first thing in the morning. If you start your day with a workout, you are more likely to stay active the rest of the day and make better food decisions.
- Only eat what’s on your plate! People tend to gather around the appetizers at holiday parties. If you grab a few chips here and there, before you know it you will have eaten a whole bag of chips and cheese balls. Only eating whats on your plate will help from mindless snacking. It’s totally fine to have some appetizers, but put them on a small plate first!
- Donate any leftovers! Having a cheat meal is not what’s going to cause you to gain weight. It is the leftover pie for breakfast the next 3 day’s that will do it!
- Lastly, ENJOY IT! This is a time to visit with family and friends. Relax and enjoy the company! Be present!!!