Or Do You Struggle With Core Strength/Stability?
Back Pain is one of the most common problems with nearly 80% of Americans experiencing back pain at some point in their life. Back pain can be extremely frustrating, however, there are ways to eliminate/reduce back pain by… developing proper mechanics, developing core strength and adding in mobility/stretching!It is also important to remember that your back is made up of muscles and can get sore just like any other muscle group.
Some common trends that can lead to back pain are:
- Bad Posture/Prolonged Sitting/ Sedentary Lifestyle
- Weak Core Muscles/ Poor Form/Control (Anterior vs Posterior Pelvic Tilt)
- Tight Surrounding Muscles (Hamstrings, Glutes, Hips/ Quads)
- Exercise More: Add in more activity to your day, stand at work rather than sit. Focus on improved posture and exercise more!
- Core Movement
- Learn to Posterior Pelvic Tilt (https://youtu.be/fm6cGcalWQs)
Progression of Posterior Tilt : Supine March→ Leg Raises (https://youtu.be/JPaiq9wd7ko)
- Supine March
- Double Knee Tuck
- Straight Leg Single Leg Lowers
3. Core Strengthning
- Body Saw
- Bird Dog
- Pallof Press
Anti Lateral Flexion:
- Side Planks
- Side Plank Rotations/Rows
Other Core/Back Strengthening
- Turkish Get Up’s
4. Stretch/Mobility (After Class, Mobility Class)
- Back Flexion Stretch (https://youtu.be/Ewlg70gE5QU)
- Thread the Needle (https://youtu.be/MfUx9FCOb1E)
- Half Kneeling Lunge Stretch (https://youtu.be/NBjhd3RftOY)
- Piriformis Stretch (https://youtu.be/eKp2f5-jRbI)
- Cat/Camel Stretch ( https://youtu.be/aPKFmsTrnEg)
- Child’s Pose Stretch( https://youtu.be/2vJKSlfLX10)
- Supine Cobra Stretch (https://youtu.be/JDcdhTuycOI)
Standing Hamstring Stretch (https://youtu.be/POz90rMBJW4)
We hope these helped and you took the time to incorporate these exercises/stretches into your routine. If you have any questions or need help implementing these please do not hesitate to ask!
We are here to help and want you to continue to exercise as pain free as possible! We appreciate you!