Is your schedule full of holiday parties the next couple weeks? Are you freaking out because you can’t think of a dish to bring? Well, we’ve got you covered!
For this month’s recipe, we put a little twist on a classic dish!
Avocado Deviled Eggs
2-3 Tbsp. Avocado
2 Tsp. Yellow Mustard
1 Tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
2 Slices of Bacon (Optional)
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Fresh Chopped Cilantro to Taste
INSTRUCTIONS: HOW TO PREP THE EGGS
- Place the eggs in a medium pot and fill with water until the eggs have about 1 inch of water over them.
- On high heat, bring the water to boil.
- Once the water starts to boil, remove the pot from the heat.
- Cover the pot and let the eggs sit in the water for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the eggs from the water and let cool.
- Once cooled, gently peel away the outer shell.
- Slice the eggs in half the long way.
- Remove the yolks from the eggs and place in a separate bowl.
- Now you are ready to make the good stuff!!
INSTRUCTIONS: PREPPING THE BACON
- Heat a pan to medium.
- Place the bacon stripes on the pan.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and pat dry with a paper towel
- Dice up the bacon.
- Set aside for later.
INSTRUCTIONS: THE INSIDES!
- In a small bowl, smash together the cooked egg yolks, ripe avocado, yellow mustard, lemon juice, chopped fresh cilantro (save some for on top), salt and pepper.
- Cut a small piece off of the corner of a small plastic bag. Scoop the mixture into the bag.
- Pipe the mixture back into the egg halves.
- Sprinkle some paprika on top to give the eggs a little color.
- Grab the diced up bacon and evenly distribute on each egg.
- Garnish each egg with a little more cilantro.