The Ultimate Breakfast Casserole
How you fuel your body reflects how you feel. If you start your day with junk food, then you are setting yourself up to feel like “junk” the rest of the day. On the contrary, if you start your day off with healthy, energy sustaining foods, then you are setting yourself for a great day.
For this month’s recipe, we are focusing on breakfast! Here is a recipe that is super easy to make and can also be taken on the go, because we all know, convenience is key in the morning!
4 Tbsp. Olive Oil (You can also substitute for coconut oil or avocado oil)
1lb Cubed Sweet Potatoes
½ Cup Diced Onions
4 Cloves Minced Garlic
½ Cup Diced Red Pepper
1lb Ground Turkey Sausage
2 Cups Chopped Kale
½ Cup Almond Milk (or your choice of non-dairy milk)
Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a 9in x 13in baking dish
- Combine sweet potatoes, salt, pepper, 2 tbsp. of olive oil, and bake 20 minutes on a separate baking sheet
- Bring 2 tbsp. of olive oil, (avocado oil or coconut oil also works great), on a skillet to medium-high heat. Add in onions, garlic, peppers, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Then add to the greased baking dish.
- In the same skillet, fully cook the turkey sausage. Drain, then add to baking dish along with the onions, garlic, and peppers.
- Add in the roasted sweet potatoes, and chopped kale to the mixture.
- Sprinkle in a pinch of kosher salt, and stir the mixture around.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. Then evenly pour the eggs on top of the mixture in the baking dish.
- Place the baking dish in the 400 degree oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
For meal prep, you can evening cut the casserole into 12 squares and freeze half.
Feel free to play around with the ingredients. You can also use spinach or brussels sprouts instead of kale or if you like mushrooms, throw a few in there. Make it your own!
Try it out and let us know how you like it!
“Food is the fuel for your body, use premium”